Suretone Pictures and Lionsgate are bringing us an adaptation of David Morrell’s 2005 horror novel Creepers, and the cast has just been announced!
Creature actor Javier Botet (It, Mama, Crimson Peak, REC) is among the cast of the film, which will tell the story of a group of young urban explorers who plan to investigate an old, seemingly abandoned hotel. They encounter danger at every turn in the form of a competing group of hostile urban explorers seeking to find a legendary hidden treasure, as well as a supernatural being who wreaks havoc on all.
Botet will play the supernatural Pale Creature, whose domain is the abandoned Paragon Hotel. Here’s a breakdown of the other casting announcements:
- Jake Manley (iZombie) will play Rick, the official leader of the Creepers.
- Adeline Rudolph (Chilling Adventures of Sabrina) will play Diane, the unofficial leader of the group, and Rick’s rebellious, defying, impulsive girlfriend.
- Francesca Reale (Stranger Things) will play Cora, a parkour expert and the key in the group who opens doors wherever they’re closed while keeping everyone honest.
- Laurence O’Faurain (Vikings) will play Balenger, a mysterious, brooding, powerful stranger with a secret and who isn’t who he says he is.
- Nicholas Hamilton (It: Chapter Two) will play Tod, leader of the Scavengers, a rival urbex group and who is particularly cruel and vicious.
- Skylan Brooks (Castle Rock) will play Vernon, the 4th Creeper, a wise-cracking tech-nerd who is not doing a good job of hiding his true feelings for Cora.
- Kai Caster (American Horror Story) will play JD, once a Creeper, but exiled after breaking their code and further betraying them by joining the rival Scavs.
Filming for Creepers is just getting underway in Bulgaria. Marc Klasfield is directing the film, which was penned by Stephen Susco.
Words: Samantha McLaren (@themeatispeople)