While Shane Black’s The Predator has been one if the most hotly anticipated reboots in recent memory, it’s already been a turbulent ride. An early draft of the script leaked, test audiences griped (despite signing nondisclosure agreements), release dates were postponed, and a series of reshoots were conducted. So, what exactly is going on?
The trailers have already revealed some “surprises” like a 10-foot Predator and the potential of female Yautja; now, further potential spoilers have been leaked: We know what the re-shoots were all about. UK YouTuber Mr. H. goes over the details in his recent video below. Main points are recapped below.
* Chatter suggests the entire 3rd Act of The Predator has been altered.
* “Friendly Predators” and various hybrids have been excised; “Predator Dogs” remain.
* All death sequences involving major characters have been altered.
* A “Final Battle” with an “Upgraded Predator” will take place in the woods.
* The “Upgraded Predator” gives his victims the opportunity to escape so that hunting them down will be more fun.
* More connections between The Predator and previous franchise films have been established.
Check out the trailer and synopsis for The Predator below.
From the outer reaches of space to the small-town streets of suburbia, the hunt comes home in Shane Black’s explosive reinvention of the Predator series. Now, the universe’s most lethal hunters are stronger, smarter and deadlier than ever before, having genetically upgraded themselves with DNA from other species. When a young boy accidentally triggers their return to Earth, only a ragtag crew of ex-soldiers and a disgruntled science teacher can prevent the end of the human race.
The Predator’s sizable ensemble cast includes Thomas Jane, Jake Busey, Trevante Rhodes, Boyd Holbrook, Jacob Tremblay, Olivia Munn, Keegan-Michael Key, and Augusto Aguilera. Look for it in US Theaters beginning September 14th.
Words by: Josh Millican (@josh_millican)