The sequel to 2016’s Split, Glass, will head home via Movies Anywhere on 2nd April, before releasing on 4K, Blu-Ray, DVD and On Demand on 16th April. So, it won’t be long before you can delve in the twisted superhero world of M. Night Shyamalan once again or for the first time.
The release will come with an array of special features, amounting to a massive extra 60 minutes of unseen footage. The below bonus features will be exclusive to 4K, Blu-ray and Digital, and are as follows:
* The Collection of Main Characters – A look at all the main players and how they fit in the universe.
* Bringing the Team Back Together – M. Night Shyamalan is famous for working with many of the same crew from film to film. In this piece, cast and crew share personal stories of why Shyamalan’s productions feel like seeing family again.
* David Dunn vs. The Beast – An in-depth look at the animalistic face-off between David Dunn and The Beast
Glass Decoded – M. Night Shyamalan unveils some secrets of continuity and style from across the Glass trilogy
* Breaking Glass: The Stunts – The superhuman strength of The Beast is best illustrated in the stunts. Take a behind the scenes look into the very effective methods of executing stunts in the film.
* Connecting the Glass Universe – Explore M. Night Shyamalan’s stylistic approach to the Glass trilogy and the unconventional concept of a comic book movie grounded in reality.
* M. Night Shyamalan: Behind the Lens – Cast and crew discuss Shyamalan’s dedicated and meticulous approach to storytelling.
* The Sound of Glass – Composer West Dylan Thordson elaborates on his use of string instruments to create tension, and explains why recording the score on-location enhanced the tone of Glass.
* Enhancing the Spectacle – The VFX team provides details on the rewarding task of using CGI as an effective tool to intensify the narrative of Glass.
* Raven Hill Memorial – Roam the long corridors of Raven Hill Memorial Hospital and see why the cast and crew describe the eerie location as its own character in the film.
* Night Vision – A look at the early stages of Glass by examining the storyboards and their remarkable similarity to the final shots in the film.
The following features will be included on 4K, Blu-Ray, Digital and DVD:
* Alternate Opening – Introduction by director M. Night Shyamalan
* Deleted Scenes – Introductions by director M. Night Shyamalan
* A Conversation with James McAvoy and M. Night Shyamalan – Star James McAvoy and Producer/Writer/Director M. Night Shyamalan discuss the importance of originality when creating a film in this genre.
That is a massive amount of extra content, so will be perfect for those of you that want to learn more about the connections between Unbreakable, Split and Glass.
Look out for the release this April.
Words: Jessy Williams